IPB Try them - you won't be disappointed.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iwill dp6ns, Documentation needed
bfdl
post Feb 7 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

[FONT=Times]
This is my very first post ever, anywhere, so I hope I get it right.

I have an old Iwill Dual processor board. Came out of "Maximum PC" branded case. Looking for documentation and IO have been all over. Iwill has a bios update on their site, but the manual link goes to an "http not found" page. The board has two socket 8 Intel processors, other than that, it's stripped. The board supports SCSI straight from the motherboard.

Do I try to make something useful with this, or use it for modern art or a boat anchor?

Thanks!

bfdl
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Uncle Jesse
post Feb 8 2005, 02:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Super Guru
Member No.: 3

:compute: Hello and Welcome to Peteweb! The dual CPU motherboard you mention will support two speeds of Intel CPU's 180 and 200 MHZ only. You will notice it will use 72 pin SIMM Ram and then its limited to how much you can find as its getting scarce. Unless you know the board is in working order I would consider it dead OR gift it to a repair shop or someone needing the older CPU's as they too are harder to find anymore.
Heres the "Iwill" site if its any help here as I cant find much info on it with what you've told me here. It would be helpfull to note any numbers on the board for future reference as well.

http://www.iwill.com.tw/support.asp

Modern art Hmmmmmm theres an idea :rolleyes: hope this helps
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bfdl
post Feb 16 2005, 02:16 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

QUOTE(bfdl @ Feb 6 2005, 10:43 PM)
[FONT=Times]
This is my very first post ever, anywhere, so I hope I get it right.

I have an old Iwill Dual processor board.  Came out of "Maximum PC" branded case.  Looking for documentation and IO have been all over.  Iwill has a bios update on their site, but the manual link goes to an "http not found" page.  The board has two socket 8 Intel processors, other than that, it's stripped.  The board supports SCSI straight from the motherboard. 

Do I try to make something useful with this, or use it for modern art or a boat anchor?

Thanks!

bfdl

CODE
Victory!!!!

I managed to hunt around on every Iwill site from global on down, and I was able yo find a motherboard manual on the Japanese site! And the manual is in English!!!!! (Japanese would have done me no good) Anyway, so now I have all the info I need to put together an operational machine that will have dual processing power (even though it will only likely amount to 300 or 350 Mhz) The cool thing about this board is that it has scsi, all four variations, so it will make an ideal system to set up to render any video I might edit. Thanks for all that might have looked, and let anybody who might need or want a copy of the manual for archival purposes know that I have it. I'll be by every couple of days. Until then, happy computing!
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 12:53 PM
A proud part of TheWalrus.ca